Senior Tax Accountant
At Magnus Blue LLP (formerly Polito Eppich LLP), we love our jobs. Audits, taxes, compliance – we enjoy it all, and we’re proud to offer consulting services that go beyond basic accounting.
Our most valuable asset: Our Team! We spend the best time of our days with our colleagues and believe we should make the most of it while we are here. We are committed and loyal, with a “Help First” mentality, to help our colleagues and clients.
We are seeking our next Senior Tax Accountant, an individual who will align with this culture and our operations. This senior will be responsible for tax preparation for business entities of privately held companies, individual returns for high-net-worth individuals and strategic tax planning. This person will also have the opportunity to create, build and maintain consultative relationships with assigned clients, and conduct research on tax updates and how those can affect our clients.
Does this description match you?
Keep Reading if:
You Want to Join a Firm That Values Hard Work and High Quality -
You thrive working in a fast-paced environment and achieve thorough and accurate results when accomplishing tasks, exhibiting concern in all areas of your work. You have exceptional follow up and prioritization, being able to manage multiple tax assignments in varying stages, managing correspondence with tax agencies, always focused on learning how to best support your clients in an ever changing tax environment.
You Are a Natural Relationship Builder Who Is a Hands-on, Problem-solver -
You possess the initiative and creativity needed to contribute to client-issue solutions, for our clients’ business entities, identifying advantageous planning opportunities, or developing tax strategies while also successfully multitasking your role responsibilities.
You Are an Independent Self-starter Who Also Values Team Collaboration –
You know the importance of working with a team to achieve positive outcomes for your clients and enjoy helping colleagues so they can be successful.
- Learn our core values, processes, procedures, and services.
- Participate in weekly meetings; collaborate with the team on different timelines or client projects and learn from colleagues who share new insights or knowledge gained from continuing education and company updates.
- Independently manage tax return preparation projects from start to finish and coordinate with clients as needed if additional information is needed.
- Accept new projects (i.e., tax planning, compliance, tax provision calculations with the Audit department, etc.), be open to feedback and identify opportunities for development with Tax Manager based on current skillset.
- Tackle increasingly more complex tax returns and planning assignments to build your skills and increase your value to the firm and our clients.
- Collaborate with Tax Manager and Partners to participate in initial client intake meetings, assess needs and begin executing client engagement communications.
The Work Ethic:
- Proactively seek out opportunities to further assist the clients and the team, especially during the tax season/the company’s busier months of the year where additional help is always needed.
- With the Tax Manager, identify networking, business development and relationship building opportunities to help build business impact for our company.
- Function as an integrated, and integral member of the firm, independently running multiple projects at once, proving the possession of a dependable, reliable, and confident work ethic via a can-do, personable attitude with every client and colleague interaction.
- Act as a leading/guiding mentor to Staff Accountants via tasks such as assigning and reviewing their work.
Required Education, Skills, & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm (5+ preferred, 3+ years required),
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a similar focus of study,
- A CPA license and legal authorization to practice in the State of California,
- Proficient in commonly used software/programs, e.g., Microsoft Office’s suite of programs, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Lacerte Tax Software, IntelliConnect research software, etc.,
- A deep understanding of taxes, both business and individual, in a variety of industries with a strong sense of analytical and research skills,
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to create an environment that drives client and employee value,
- A proven ability to manage multiple client engagements
Who We Are:
Magnus Blue is a full-service accounting firm providing tax, attest, and consulting services to clients since 1981. Our clients include closely held businesses, high net worth individuals, and non-profit organizations.
We have built a strong reputation in San Diego County for our high touch client service. We take pride in our reputation, and we pride ourselves on our commitment and passion towards our firm’s culture, oriented around our core values.
Our three partners range in age from 30’s to 50’s. We promote from within the firm and we experience lower than normal turnover. People stay because they love to work here!
Company Benefits Include:
Competitive salary, 401K plan, medical and vision insurance, and paid time off.
This is an in-office position. Our main office is located at 100 E San Marcos Blvd #100, San Marcos, CA