CPA Firm Seeks Senior Tax Accountant
Established, Reputable and Growing North County San Diego public accounting firm located in San Marcos is looking for an experienced Tax Senior to join our team on a full-time basis.
Who You Are
A qualified professional who possesses the necessary technical skills and demonstrates positive leadership characteristics and a passion for public accounting.
Who We Are
Polito Eppich is a full-service firm providing tax, attest and consulting services to our clients since 1981. Our clients include closely held businesses, high net worth individuals and nonprofit organizations.
We have an amazing firm culture focused on our core values. We support our team in professional development and encourage community involvement. We pride ourselves in high touch client service for which we have built a strong reputation in North County San Diego.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Preparation of simple to complex entity and individual tax returns
- Preparation of complex tax planning and compliance projects
- Proactively managing your workload by monitoring projects and working with the team leaders
- Anticipating and recognizing client issues and working with the team to develop and present solutions
- Identifying opportunities to provide additional services to help our clients achieve their goals
- Coordinating with the attest department to prepare and deliver tax services in a cohesive manner
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Online.
- Developing a personal network of contacts through active involvement in professional and civic organizations as well as the community
What You Should Possess
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA license preferred
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience in taxation
- Strong desire for a career in public accounting
- Flexibility to juggle complex assignments and routine engagements
- Hands-on problem solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Proficient in MS Office
- Familiarity with Lacerte software a plus
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Live within 20 miles of the office (San Marcos)
What We OfferWhat We Offer
The opportunity to grow with a firm recognized for excellence and leverage your skills and to succeed both professionally and personally. We provide a different experience than other public accounting firms with a fierce dedication to work-life balance, CPA prestige and professionalism at a small firm with continued opportunity for growth. We offer competitive salary with a performance bonus.
- Generous benefits package including 401k plan, health, life and disability insurance, and a unique PTO plan.